Cleaning supplies and cleaning techniques
The average family uses up to 40 litres of cleaners per year. For the sake of the environment and sustainability, it is important to choose only effective, concentrated, eco-labelled, and non-hazardous products.
From an ecological point of view, in addition to choosing the correct cleaning products, the using the correct cleaning practices are just as important.
We have put together a list of the most important tips and tricks for you to follow, which will:
- increase the efficiency of cleaning
- reduce the time spent on cleaning
- decrease the cost of purchasing products
- further reduces the ecological footprint
This list can be updated over time, so if you want to receive the latest tricks directly to your inbox, the easiest way to do this is to join our newsletter.
- Do not rinse dishes with hot water before placing them in the washing machine or wash them manually. The temperature should not exceed 35o C. Water hotter than that gives the reason to some type of soil (especially protein), to stick to the dishes, which makes removing more difficult.
- The most ecological and economical dishwashing can be achieved not under running water, but by soaking the dishes in dishwashing solution with warm water for 10–15 minutes before washing.
- Strong foaming does not mean that it is a good detergent. Foam only makes the rinsing more difficult and requires more water.
- Use microfiber cloth for cleaning. They are extremely effective in removing dirt and keeping it fast, thus facilitating work by shortening the time required to achieve a good result and reducing the amount of detergent required.
- Choose a microfibre cloth with bristles to clean normal surfaces and a smooth polishing cloth for shiny surfaces (mirrors, glass, stainless steel, etc.).
- The microfiber cloth can be washed at a temperature up to 60o C in the washing machine, but do not use soda (too alkaline), soap (hard to rinse off), and washing powders containing zeolite (the water softeners used in most commercially available washing powders). The best choice is a liquid detergent; avoid fabric softeners.
- When cleaning mirrors, move the microfiber cloth vertically from top to bottom to get the best result. The product can be sprayed directly to the mirror, but the most economical option is to spray it onto the cloth.
- Cleaning stainless steel surfaces may sometimes be difficult, as surfaces with different treatments can react differently to detergents. Stainless steel always needs lubrication, which protects the surface and gives the gloss. Remove the dirt with a detergent, then drip some olive oil onto a soft cloth and rub the surface until it shines.
- Never use acidic products (pH<7) to clean sensitive surfaces. This could cause irreversible damage for marble surfaces and some ceramic tiles (especially dark-coloured).
- The biggest enemy of bathrooms and washrooms is moisture. Try to dry the surfaces after use and ensure good ventilation, including through the window and the door, to prevent the temperature and humidity necessary for the development of microorganisms.
- Follow the dosing of cleaning agents! All products from the Enzypin series are concentrated and contain instructions on the label. Overdosing does not increase the efficiency but just will lead to increased costs in buying the products.
- The dirtier the surface to be cleaned, the longer you must give the product time to work – the bioactive components of the Enzypin products require a certain time of contact with the contaminated surface to ensure the maximum cleaning effect.
ENZYPIN BIOACTIVE HAND DISHWASHING DETERGENT
- The most ecological and economical dishwashing can be achieved not under running water, but by soaking the dishes in a warm detergent solution for 10–15 minutes before washing.
- Washing dishes with food residue that is difficult to remove or burnt in residues will become much easier if the dishes are previously soaked in a warm, but not too hot, detergent solution.
ENZYPIN BIOACTIVE CLEANING DETERGENT FOR GLOSSY SURFACES
- The product is developed to dry quickly, which is especially important for cleaning all shiny surfaces, while it is perfectly suited for non-gloss surfaces as well. The product is effective, easy to use, and has a good cleaning effect.
- You can use the product on surfaces that are exposed to foodstuffs.
- The product is packaged in a particularly high-quality spray bottle, which, after being discharged, can be reused, for example, for the dilution of Enzypin universal cleaner.
ENZYPIN BIOACTIVE CLEANING DETERGENT FOR BATHROOMS
- To achieve the best results when cleaning bathrooms and showers, allow the product to work for 10–15 minutes and rinse the vertical surfaces from bottom to top, not from top to bottom.
- Enzypin cleaning agent for bathrooms contains natural substances that prevent the development of bacteria and moulds. Regular use of the product ensures the proper hygiene of humid rooms.
ENZYPIN BIOACTIVE UNIVERSAL CLEANING DETERGENT
- Suitable for washing all types of floors, both manually and with a machine. Ideal for natural wood flooring as well.
- Also suitable for glossy surfaces as a dilution of 0,5–1%, ideal for washing windows. The storage time of a diluted product is limited, only prepare the amount that you may need in a few days in the spray bottle.
- Do not use acidic products for cleaning sensitive surfaces (this could cause irreversible damage for marble surfaces and some tiles (especially dark-coloured)). The Enzypin universal cleaner has a neutral reaction and effectively cleans all surfaces without damaging them.
ENZYPIN BIOACTIVE GREASE CLEANING DETERGENT
- The product is not strongly alkaline. It does not damage the surfaces and is not harmful to the skin. It is also suitable for cleaning light metal filters in the kitchen ventilation hood.
- Do not use the product on surfaces that are too hot: high temperature damages the bioactive components. The most effective way to use the product is to apply it on a surface, which is still warm, but no longer burning. Remove the detached dirt with a damp cloth.
- To clean the oven, warm it up to 40–50 °C, then spray it with Enzypin degreaser and allow work for 20 minutes. Use a brush or a special sponge with a rough surface to clean it. Remove the detached dirt with a damp cloth. Unlike traditional oven cleaners, personal protective equipment is not required because the product is not dangerous.
- EFor effective cleaning of very greasy surfaces in the kitchen (frying pans, cutting boards), we recommend pre-spraying them with Enzypin grease remover. Let it work for 10–15 minutes and rinse. You can use the product on surfaces that are exposed to foodstuffs.
ENZYPIN BIOACTIVE TOILET CLEANING GEL
- ENZYPIN toilet cleaning gel can be used to remove hard water stains on all acid-resistant surfaces. The product efficiently deodorizes the space when the contact time is longer.
- As with all Enzypin products, the toilet cleaner also prevents the spread of microorganisms, especially black mold, when used on a regular basis.